Several Catholic League and East Suburban Catholic sources have confirmed that the leagues plan to merge for football. They will release a statement with more details as soon as Thursday.
Some coaches believe the football merger is the first step towards a merger for more sports.
The “super Catholic conference” has been tried before. The two leagues merged together from 1996 to 2002 as the Chicago Metropolitan Conference.
Here’s the complete list of current Catholic League and East Suburban Catholic schools. Providence-St. Mel and St. Francis de Sales do not have football teams. Hope Academy is only a member of the Chicago Catholic League for football.
Chicago Catholic League schools
De La Salle
St. Francis de Sales
East Suburban Catholic
More Sun-Times high school sports stories:
- Watch: Week 7 episode of Sun-Times Game Week
- The new Super 25 rankings; three new schools join
- Game photos, video highlights and scores from Week 6
- Soph Robert Brazzie leads Montini to comeback win over Loyola
- No. 1 Lincoln-Way East dominates Homewood-Flossmoor
Tags: On Instagram