UPDATE: Fabian McCray and Michael Jansey have advanced to the second round.
Phillips senior Fabian McCray is one of the four locals competing against 32 players for two spots in the 2018-19 Under Armour All-American game via a fan vote competition.
McCray, an Illinois recruit, is up against Moses Douglas of Springfield, Ohio in the first round.
Kenny Givens of Hubbard, Bolingbrook running back Anthony Williams and Batavia linebacker Michael Jansey are the other local players in the tournament.
The game is on Jan. 3 at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Fla. It will be broadcast live on ESPN 2. Steve Mariucci and Deion Sanders will coach the teams. No local players were selected for the initials rosters.
More Sun-Times high school sports stories:
- Watch: Week 7 episode of Sun-Times Game Week
- The new Super 25 rankings; three new schools join
- Game photos, video highlights and scores from Week 6
- Soph Robert Brazzie leads Montini to comeback win over Loyola
- No. 1 Lincoln-Way East dominates Homewood-Flossmoor